BATANGAS CITY

carissa-inez-batangas-2
A few weeks ago I was on the bus early in the morning not knowing what I would I arrived to when in Batangas City, a ride 2 hours away from Manila. I stayed in Pontefino Hotel and I had the pleasure of gallivanting around the city together with my blogger friend Rudstin of Paresatbp, writers from different newspaper publications and some of the players of Philippine Azkals.
 
I was glad that we were accompanied by two of the best tour guides in Batangas City, one was the son of the Mayor itself. In awe of their vibrant personality and knowledge of the Batangas tradition. First stop was the Museo Puntóng Batangan which displayed rich cultural exhibition of the carefully selected fourteen words with significance to the city of Batangas. Some of the words got stuck on my mind such as awit (song), layag (sail), duyo (in the interior of the homes where saints are placed). What excite me the most was the dynamic multi-media presentation to further depict the culture of song and dance. A quick tour of the Basilica of Immaculate Concepcion happend then we're off to the newly made Batangas football field where I had the freedom of running around till I caught myself catching my breath.Then the last destination was the Juan Pastor Residence. As we arrived we bumped into a group of photographers using the location for their photo shoot. Juan Pastor Residence was built since 1883, inside were the beautiful antique belongings which aged beautifully in time. One trivia which I caught was that the bullet lodged in one of the doors was the bullet which attempted to assassinate the life of Governor General William Howard Taft when he visited this house.

Enough of history, here goes some of the photos which me truly and Rudstin took while exploring the city.

carissa-inez-batangas-19
carissainez2
carissa-inez-batangas-18
carissa-inez-batangas
DSC01092
two of the best batangas city tour guides I have witnessed

carissa-inez-batangas-3
jumped up and down with my gallivanting buddies at this field

carissa-inez-batangas-12
carissa-inez-batangas-1
carissa-inez-batangas-10
inside the Basilica of Immaculate Concepcion

carissa-inez-batangas-6
carissa-inez-batangas-4
a tour at the historical Juan Pastor Residence where I was in awe of the high priced piano displayed inside and as well as the four cornered antique bed

carissa-inez-batangas-5
carissa-inez-batangas-14
carissa-inez-batangas-13
carissa-inez-batangas-16
we had some ice cream break in between

carissa-inez-batangas-17
carissa-inez-batangas-15
carissa-inez-batangas-11
photos by me truly and Rudstin of Paresatbp