RIVER


Intending to share these for a while but lately I feel like I've been caught up in web-like situation literally and figuratively. Spent days contemplating on designing my website, burning the midnight oil with css, html, and java (those three words appear even in my dreams) and there are those days where situations start as dreamy and end up nightmare-ish, wishing that I am skydiving instead of being stuck up in that whole fiasco. Enough blabber about uncertainties in life.


 
A few months ago I was in Bacolod visiting my relatives for birthday celebrations and gathering. Going around the city, playing tourist, was fun. This particular resort we went to is known for its hot spring, people swarming all over the place justified it indeed. Mambukal resort is not as ordinary as you may think because even I was surprised that it caters to different areas of leisure such as hot spring (which has sulfur in it as they say), pools, bat watching, waterfalls, butterfly garden, kayaking... oh believe me the list goes on. I become eventually acquainted with nature walking, chasing bats, hopping over stones in the river and a comforting foot massage at the spa to complement my almost tired feet. 
 


The sun was just not too friendly for me during those moments, blamed it on noon time. Striking hot resulted to face undergoing a low blow meltdown. On the bright side the soft shade of oversized pink chiffon thrifted blouse effortlessly paired with Ksubi denim shorts gave me the good feeling of walking around. The blouse gave me that winged feeling making it necessary to twirl in circumference. The hand me down loafer shoes kept my feet ache free despite the maul of endless walk.
 

The place captivated me in all sorts of definition connected with nature, a simple reason for me to go back.

photos by Meng Amihan