TIAN TAN BUDDHA

carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-9

Sometime months before (yes, I'm playing catch up in blogging) I was in Hong Kong and one of the days I had was spent in Lantau Island. I completely had no idea at first what I'm gonna explore, all I know I was going to see a Buddha, surrounded by ridiculously beautiful mountain scenery. Opted to ride the MTR, got off at Tung Chung, bus and taxi ride then finally after the winding road, I arrived at Ngong Ping Village where I had a close encounter with the large bronze statue, Tian Tan Buddha and Po Lin Monastery.

carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-2
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-1
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-1
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-2
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-4
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-5
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-6
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-4
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-5
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hongkong-8
9364636966_bf519a1073_h
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-3
9364887468_c7a48b9c71_h
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-7
carissa-inez-lantau-island-hong-kong-6

In complete awe of the scenery and seeing these set of photos made me remember my bottled up happiness when I was playing tourist at this place. One recommendation though wear shoes that are  really comfy for obvious reasons of 100 steps to get that face to face encounter with Tian Tan Buddha. A psychedelic run up the steps, arrived at the top feeling feather-brained and frantic for the extreme lush green mountain scenery right before my eyes. Then it was obligatory for me to snap photos around. Despite the loads of tourists surrounding the circular of Tian Tan Buddha, I was able to unwind, breathe fresh flimsy air and indulge myself with marvelous sunset. Take me back here.

Promod Jacket, Topshop grey longsleeves, Zara leather pants, Shoebox ankle boots, Mango bag, thrifted scarf and gloves