BEAUTY REGIME

I think it's the best time to have some face talk with my current favorite beauty/ skin care products.


Coming across different products for a daily beauty regime can be confusing knowing there are a lot of it present online and physically sold in stores. Knowing the brand and skin type is the first thing I do before anything else. I've narrowed down my favorite essentials of products that I religiously use everyday.

1. The Face Shop Clean Face Mild Toner
After washing my face, I usually cleanse with toner to remove excess dirt in which a mild toner would usually suffice sensitive skin plus it has tea tree extract with an anti-bacterial function to prevent bacteria in acne-prone skin types.

2. The Face Shop Clean Face Mild Lotion
A lotion that helps treat acne and controls oil, applied after toning my skin. It is usually recommended for oily skin. Its either I use Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré or the Mild Lotion.

3. Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré
The way I see it my skin should be hydrated especially during this summer season. My ultimate to go to is Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré, a French skin care product that has long been used by make-up artists.  It keeps my skin hydrated with a promise of soft skin after religiously using it. Without a doubt, it quickly absorbs into the skin leaving it moisturized through out the day. Equipped with a formula that contains water and mineral oil I always end up using it as a primer before applying make-up and a make-up remover. A product with lots of benefits can be rewarding once bought.

4. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+]
Another French skin care product that got my attention after quickly Google offered more than 800,000 results in just 0.27 seconds of searching. I've contemplated between La roche posay Effaclar AI and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+] but clearly Im supposed you know now who won. La Roche Effaclar Duo [+] is another fresh addition to my skin care regime day and night. The total package to replace my spot corrector cream. I usually use it twice a day. It keeps my skin free from redness, marks and imperfections even without the magic of makeup.

5. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
 Clearly, a lot of serums and elixir are sold but I finally decided to stick to Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I've started using this recently before bedtime and so far it has good results. It has the function of replenishing skin moisture with it's key ingredients of Squalene and Evening Primrose Oil intended on skin-barrier repair. Kiehl's products have been talked about because of Squalene, the secret ingredient which helps seal in moisture. The elixir is herbal infused with scents of  Lavender Oil, Rose fruit, Geranium and Jasmine oil.

6. Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil 
  A product I used for my hair after blow-dry to help lock-in moisture. I admit my hair is dry due to countless coloring hair products I use, but Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil restores and strengthens my locks.

7. Grace Cole Pineapple and Passion Fruit Body Spray
To keep myself fresh and fragrant day to day, a body spray with a delicate fruity scent that I came to love as I got it recently from my cousin who came home from Australia.

I usually rotate my skincare products every 2 to 3 months to try what's best for my skin. I travel to different places because of my work and its important to bring products that would take care of me in unfamiliar temperamental weather, but knowing Philippines has a scorching hot weather, definitely I need my skin hydrated. If you have any skin care tips or favorite skin care brands you use, I would love to hear from you.

Photos by: Carissa Inez